Sunday, February 8, 2009

an october sentiment

In-between Change
October 14, 2008

I’m not really sure if change is the in-between of old and new or it is the end result of a replacement but no matter, my issue here is the taboos and secrets before change ever starts to be born.

To have change happen, the center bed of the bridge must be crossed first. There’s nothing as to crossing without some process in this world and that process is the an obstacle that makes peoples lives more complicated.

Gossip. One thing we cannot really avoid… it’s a rotten mannerism yet juicy and exciting to engage upon. of course, we always want to do things our way and mostly we want it in a straight way without the zigzags brought by too many unwritten stations of communication, yet, it doesn’t happen that way (maybe it will never materialize in the government setting). And so we have to deal with gossip and with it also comes all the negative aspects and feedbacks from people. We stab each other at our backs and embrace when we’re facing. We secretly despise those that contradict our nature yet we cannot voice out what we feel in front of them for the sake of harmony in the work place.

I don’t patronize those engaging in such useless activity, and I admit at times I’m guilty of it but I don’t hate them… either side, in hours I‘ll be neutral again. at these moments when such crisis pops, my college thesis partner always comes in mine… a selfless person who rarely takes grudge over anyone. Her philosophy is always to live for the moment, if she’s envy of you, she says so without feeling any less of a person because she is happy for your success. That’s it. She never questions what God lays upon her. If she’s faced with something not nice, she makes it her challenge to make it better. I hope people around my workplace are more like her in regards to their perspectives.

The ‘trabaho lang’ style is better than staying in this state… I think that now…

No comments: